We were so enamored with Little Red Riding Hood’s Zombie BBQ, we wrote almost 20 posts about the campy, fairy tale-themed shoot’em-up this year! The only other games that received anything close to that amount of coverage were Mega Man 9 and Wonder Pets.
Three details that are fab:
- Red’s Spanish accent (the game’s publisher and developer are based in Barcelona).
- Near constant stream of enemies, obstacles, and mini-bosses to (sexy) dodge and blast.
- Creative and challenging boss fights — one stage has you drifting down a canal in Venice, following and fighting a giant zombie Pinocchio.
Three details that are butt:
- Beating Zombie BBQ under the “Normal” difficulty mode unlocks none of the extra modes.
- With all the menus and animated sequences, it takes way too long to jump back into a saved game.
- For such a wacky game, there’s not a single laugh to be found in the script.
The number at the end of the review:
- Zombies Ate My Review Score