Japan shopping report, 2K10 edition! I didn’t buy as much big-ticket stuff this year as I did last year, but I did pick up enough interesting things to put up a totally self-indulgent post about.
1. Slime plush and Rockmanjuu: I picked these up at TGS. I walked into the show fully aware that I was going to walk out with some kind of toy Slime, and the Rockmanjuu were one of the cheapest, but most impressive Mega Man items available. I was going to justify the cost even further by eating them for lunch, but Jeremy Parish warned me against eating them. I may still do a Tiny Review!
2. Minna de Spelunker stickers: Super cheap! How has buying Spelunker junk become a tradition?
3. Phantasy Star Zero HUmarl figure: these were 100 yen from a machine in Yodobashi Camera, I think. I got one for me and one for Eric (still be-egged).
4. Famicom games! I didn’t have any particular wants on my list, but I saw neat games in Super Potato’s clearance area. Tetris, in box, was just 50 yen! The other game is Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zenin Shuugo, also known as that one where Kunio’s a samurai.
5. Game Center CX 2: The bottom dropped out on prices for this game, so I was able to pick one up for Eric.
6. Syrupy Slime beverage: For relaxing Slimes, make it Suntory Slime. I have yet to drink this.
7. Famicase poster: I totally could have bought everything in Meteor, but that’s way dangerous considering how many King of Games shirts were in there. I limited myself to just two of these (again, one for Eric).
8. Space Invaders Eco Bag: these were on sale in the Taito Station in Shinjuku. I ended up having to use it when my suitcase was 5 kilograms over the weight limit at the airport.