You probably heard that this Wednesday was the tenth anniversary of the US launch of the Dreamcast. It would appear that Eric and I didn’t hear that, judging by our total failure to post anything Dreamcast-related on the site, but the truth is we were too busy playing Dreamcast 2 to notice. I had no desire to lose my place on the Seaman Universe leaderboards because I was off blogging.
So here’s some stuff we would have posted, had we not been extremely busy with Chu Chu Chu Chu Rocket:
- A link to Mister Raroo’s wonderful Dreamcast column, in which he compares his life now to his life at the Dreamcast launch.
- The feature in which I got Joystiq coworkers to share Dreamcast anecdotes, much like we did for the Genesis. One of our writers is in a Dreamcast game.
- The final Segata Sanshiro commercial, in which the heroic Sega mascot saves the Dreamcast launch.
- This super creepy fanart of original Dreamcast spokesman/mascot (or something) Mr. Yukawa:
- “Error Enka,” a song hidden on the Segagaga disc that plays when you put the game into a CD player. The song is mostly about how the disc won’t work in a CD player, and about thanking the game’s staff.