Someone at Rare, Ltd. must love Retro Game Challenge — Smart Bomb, a new comic anthology created by several artists from the British studio, includes a page that looks ripped right out of RGC’s Game Fan Magazine.
The comic collection trumpets five currently popular games that don’t actually exist. Smart Bomb’s first issue highlights these fake but brilliant titles:
- Diesel Kiss [RAC/DAT] - Romance! Racing! Riot! The No. 1 game again this week still has fans revelling in its gutsy (yet sensitive) mix of post apocalyptic steampunk rallying and dating simulation mechanics. Fill’er up, love!
- Packet Pass (for Mother) [PUZ] - Impenetrable Japanese puzzler involving packets of badgers.
- Nya! Nya! Ghost Gear [A-RPG] - Anthropomorphic cats pilot supernatural robot suits.
- The Department Sword [S-RPG] - Teenage angst as trainee traders have to fight monsters to buy and sell stocks.
- Whistle Wolf [ETC] - Cute animal rhythm action with the tiny Polish wolf and his woodland friends.
I really want to play Diesel Kiss! Real talk, someone needs to produce a Rock N’ Roll Racing ROM hack (or a Racing Gears Advance reskin) with dating sim elements.