Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth stage 1. Now that this is Game Boy remake is available on Japan’s WiiWare channel, full stage playthroughs are hitting YouTube, and the game looks like brilliant, old school Castlevania fun. And the soundtrack — my God, the soundtrack is insane.
Here’s what’s come out so far about the game (spoilers):
- three difficulty modes
- six stages with alternate paths
- no jumping on or off stairs
- you can control your jumps in mid-air, but if you beat the game, you can access a “Classic” player style that won’t let you control your jumps in mid-air
- Koji Igarashi is listed as the producer for the project (eat it, Iga haters)
- M2, which also handled the Contra and Gradius Rebirth titles, developed this
- Nobuhiko Matsufuji (Dawn of Sorrow), Basiscape’s Manabu Namiki, and M2’s Keisuke Koga and Jason “Chip-Tech” Nisperos handled the music
Even if you don’t want to spoil the game for yourself, you should definitely load up VixyNyan’s Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth video playlist in a background tab just so you can enjoy the kickass soundtrack.