In a press event this morning, Nintendo revealed all the 3DS details we’ve waited to hear about for months:
- $249.99, March 27th for the U.S.
- March 25th in Europe
- Launch colors: Aqua Blue and Cosmo Black
- Only one friend code per system! Local friends are added without needing to input code.
- 30+ “launch window” games in U.S., around 25 launch window titles planned for Europe
- Nintendo eShop: Virtual Console shop features “steady progression of Game Boy and Game Boy Color hits” in addition to new downloadable titles
- The eShop features a cash-based system and allow users to view game videos, download demos for select games, and see how others rated titles
- Built-in 3D video player
- Built-in Nintendo 3DS Sound app plays both MP3 and AAC music files this time
- Built-in web browser
- Built-in pedometer app converts your steps into “Play Coins” used to buy in-game content
- Built-in Face Raiders augmented reality game doomed to awful jokes mangling its title (six AR cards also included)
Let us know what you think!
Preorder: Nintendo 3DS
See also: More 3DS news and media
[Image via FoxHimself]