If I had been asked to put together a Nintendo Direct video for North America to present all of today’s eShop news, it would have essentially been an animation of Pushmo’s Mallo jumping around to a Kanye West and Jay-Z song, singing “ball so hard Miyamoto wanna fine me.”
Nintendo did not ask me to put together that video. But I’ll do my best to collect today’s eShop news anyway:
- Crashmo, a sequel to last year’s amazing and cute puzzler Pushmo, releases on November 22
- Three games from Level-5’s Guild01 will release in the U.S. before the end of the year: LIberation Maiden, Crimson Shroud, and Aero Porter
- Several first-party 3DS titles from Nintendo’s back catalog, as well as six more Virtual Console NES games, are coming to eShop
Before going into detail with all that, let’s go over today’s packed selection of eShop releases:
- Cave Story’s eShop edition - look forward to a code giveaway on here VERY soon
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC packs
- Dr. Mario, Samurai G, and Academy: Chess Puzzles
- Style Savvy: Trendsetters fashion contest demo (a second demo will release on November 1)
- New Dinosaur Office on Nintendo Video - yessss
- The digital versions of Crosswords Plus and Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone were also made available earlier this week, and Pokemon Dream Radar releases on Sunday
Upcoming first-party eShop releases:
- NightSky - Oct. 25
- Crashmo - Nov. 22
- Fluidity: Spin Cycle - Dec. 27
- Tokyo Crash Mobs (Gyoretsu Nageloop) - early 2013
More free game demos to look forward to:
- Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?!!
- Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
- LEGO The Lord of the Rings
- Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
2012’s Virtual Console release dates:
- Mario Golf - Oct. 11
- Castlevania: The Adventure - Oct. 25
- Ninja Gaiden - Nov. 8
- Zelda II – The Adventure of Link - Nov. 22
- Wario Land II - Dec. 20
- Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels - Dec. 27
Crashmo details (or Fallblox in Europe):
“Players can embrace the laws of gravity and challenge themselves with a whole new kind of action-puzzle play in this exciting sequel to the critically acclaimed Pushmo.
New gravity mechanics and gadgets like floating blocks, doors and move switches await, testing players’ skills as they push, pull and slide each puzzle’s colorful blocks in order to climb to the top. Just be careful where those blocks are moved—unsupported blocks will come crashing down. Crashmo contains lots of puzzles to test your brains, and enhanced puzzle-creation and -sharing features mean that even when all the puzzles are cleared, the fun never has to stop.”
And here are some descriptions for the Guild01 releases. It’s worth noting that the weapon rental RPG written by comedian Yoshiyuki Hirai will not be released in the West. Also, Liberation Maiden has one of the best sites I’ve ever seen for an eShop game! Level-5 also going HAM.
Liberation Maiden (already out in Europe!):
Liberation Maiden is a full-scale 3D sci-fi shooter created by critically acclaimed developer Goichi Suda, better known as SUDA51, from Grasshopper Manufacture, creators of fan-favorites Lollipop Chainsaw, No More Heroes, Shadows of the Damned and many more.
Set 100 years in the future in New Japan, Liberation Maiden puts players in the role of Shoko Ozora, piloting a humanoid robot called Kamui. The game brings AAA production values to the downloadable market in an unprecedented collaboration of all-star creators in music, art, and design, including breathtaking animation by the acclaimed animation studio, bones.
“Aero Porter combines puzzle elements with a simulation of airport operations. Designed by Seaman creator Yoot Saito, the player sorts color-coded luggage onto conveyor belts while avoiding mishaps and delays. Players are also able to design and share their own planes with a wide range of colors and patterns.”
“Crimson Shroud was created by game designer, Yasumi Matsuno, whose previous works include industry cornerstones such as Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, and Tactics Ogre. Crimson Shroud is a new RPG that reimagines the table top RPG, and puts the power of the dice in the player’s hands to determine their fates.”
It’s great to hear that we’ll have plenty of eShop HAM to enjoy going into the holiday season this year.
Buy: Nintendo 3DS and 3DS XL consoles
See also: More eShop news and media
[Media via NintenDaan, pixiv, and Manatapped]