With Halloween coming soon, now is the perfect time to
hawk our junk remember everyone’s favorite creepypasta and haunted video game, Pokémon (Creepy) Black.
Guys, wouldn’t it be crazy if (Creepy) Black was real? Like, if you could pop a cartridge into your system, show it to your friends, and see them flip out?
What if I told you there’s a way to get your own (Creepy) Black DS or 3DS cart? Or that if you’re reckless enough to try it, you can relive the story on your system?
So, submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I call this post… How to make your own Pokémon (Creepy) Black cart!
That’s right, it’s about to get hella spooky up in this piece.
(Creepy) Black - Pokémon Trainer edition
If all you want is a cartridge that looks like (Creepy) Black, there is a certain spell to summon such a creature, one that was hidden in ancient Sumerian tablets recently discovered in the vault of an eccentric billionaire and artifact collector who vanished mysteriously. The cuneiform script, which instilled a sense of dread and despair in anyone whose eyes simply grazed their form, was eventually translated and posted online as a PDF.
For this fun craft project, you will need:
- A DS or 3DS cartridge you won’t mind defacing
- 2 drops of Thieves Vinegar
- At least 4 coffin nails, 8 if you want to play it safe
- The Tiny Cart sticker pack, containing four amazing Mare Odomo-designed DS/3DS stickers, all for $5
- A handful of soil once trodden by a Gengar
Detailed instructions for making a (Creepy) Black cart:
- Throw away the vinegar, coffin nails, and soil
- Put the (Creepy) Black sticker on top of the label on your DS or 3DS cartridge — if you want, you can apply the other stickers to other carts
That’s it! You now have a (Creepy) Black cart!
(Creepy) Black - Pokémon Master edition
Presumed lost forever when the Library of Alexandria burned down, there was once a scroll detailing a forbidden ritual allowing DS or 3DS owners to experience a visual novel re-telling of (Creepy) Black. Only recently did the scroll’s text re-appear on the back of Club Nintendo code inserts included with Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir.
For this terrifying ceremony, you will need:
- This link open in a separate tab, to play in the background and make everything seem extra creepy
- A homebrew device that works with your DS or 3DS
- The Tiny Cart sticker pack, a common ingredient valued by all practitioners of dark magick
- Oil of Abramelin, full bottle
- 1 feather from a Shiny Lugia, deceased or alive
- 1 branch from a rowan tree charred by lightning
- Multiple: Option’s Pokémon Ghost Black ReTold
If you’re mad enough to go through with the ritual, make sure to follow these elaborate steps exactly as described. Failing to do so could leave your soul trapped in Yu-Gi-Oh’s Shadow Realm for centuries, if not forever.
- Wait for a moonless night to conduct the ceremony — make sure there are absolutely no mirrors or anything reflective nearby
- Cast a standard protection spell with the feather, branch, and oil to ward off Ghost-type Pokémon that will be sure to attack you once they sense the ritual
- Copy Pokémon Ghost Black ReTold from your PC to your homebrew device (or use other fanmade Creepy Black hacks/homebrew, if you want)
- Apply the sticker to your homebrew device
When you hear the sobs of Gothitelle behind you, and you see your shadow sprinting away, you’ll know that you’ve successfully completed the ritual. You now have your very own Pokémon (Creepy) Black cart. But at what cost?*
Buy: Pokemon Black/White Version 2
See also: More Pokemon news and media
[Fantastic Pokemon Black illustration via Tubbypaws]
*As mentioned earlier, the cost is just $5 for the Tiny Cart sticker pack — which includes four stickers — before shipping/handling.