4387 posts tagged ec
Beep boop: Project X Zone for $19.99 ⊟
Another notable 3DS deal on Amazon! You’re getting, like, less than a penny per character in this massive crossover SRPG. The gifting season does crazy things to game prices, hence all the sale posts lately.
Other hot deals right now:
- Mario and Luigi: Dream Team - $29.99
- Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! - $19.99 (not the best game but cheaper than usual)
- Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-bit Land - $19.99 (same)
- Holiday Walking Dead Vita Bundle (with 3 PSN games) - $189.99
- Tearaway (PS Vita) - $19.99
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS Vita) - $10
Pic is via Chris!
Hey, one of our favorite 3DS games, Julian Gollop (X-Com) and Ubisoft’s excellent modern war strategy RPG Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, is just ten bucks at Amazon. I think that’s the cheapest I’ve ever seen it? You can even grab one of the custom inside cover inserts to decorate the box with.
Other worthwhile handheld games in the bargain bin (stocking stuffers!):
- Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - $22.12
- Steel Diver - $9.99
- Crosswords Plus - $6.99
- Shinobi - $11.86
- Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir - $10.46
- Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita) - $16.99 (sidebar link)
- Virtue’s Last Reward - $19.99 (sidebar link)
The photo comes from Emmiranda, by the way.
We updated Tiny Cartridge’s holiday gift guide, for those of you still looking for presents to get others or yourself. Along with suggesting 3DS/PS Vita games, handheld accessories, chiptune music, art, toys, and Year of Luigi junk, the guide now includes some of our favorite shirts and non-gaming books. Books are kind of like the portable gaming version of a TV series.
And remember all those rad Bit Bazaar-exclusive holiday cards we featured last week from Attract Mode (pictured above)? You can now buy the full pack online — it includes pieces from Kris Mukai (Pokemon), Kyle Fewell (Gravity Rush), Babs Tarr (Metroid), and Kelly Smith (Okami). While it’s expensive at around $18 (includes shipping) for the full pack, that’s kind of a steal when you consider you’re getting limited edition art from some really talented folks.
Thanks for letting us know about the deal, funny-looking wolf dude. The number of high-profile releases coming out has slowed down, and our holiday vacations are nearing — seems like a good time to pick up Millennium Girl. Credit to TuteMyPokéFlute for the derp wolf pic.
Pokemon XY patch fixes online battle cheating ⊟
Yay, you’ll no longer cry about losing online matches in Pokemon XY due to opponents using the Battle Analyzer tool. Haven’t heard about Battle Analyzer? Well, we kind of avoided giving it mentioning the tool here until Nintendo fixed it, but it’s a program that allowed players to scout their opponent’s party and see what attacks they’ve chosen before picking their own moves.
It’s a serious enough issue that Nintendo suspended ranked battles for a while, and released this 1.2 patch just a couple weeks later. This update also fixes bugs with Pokemon not learning new moves after evolving through Wonder Trade, and with Trainer PR Videos not unlocking in Lumiose City.
You can grab the patch now on the eShop. Shout outs to Rachel for the pics!
TinyCast 017 - Year of Luigi
Tiny Cartridge • TinyCast
TinyCast 17! What did this, our Year of Luigi, mean to us? The TinyCast gets personal and answers that question, after talking about Bravely Second, Akihiko Yoshida, National SteetPass Weekend, and a very special wedding.
Bravely Second's English trailer, found in Default ⊟
Please excuse the shakycam here, but it’s the only way Yarky could have posted this trailer for Bravely Default's sequel (without special hardware), which shows up after the end credits of the first game. While I think this trailer might be a little spoiler-y, I'm not sure because I haven't played through the actual game. I watched it anyway, just to hear what Devil King Buster Magnolia Arch sounded like!
PREORDER Bravely Default, upcoming games, our holiday gift guide
Miiverse, new firmware update out for 3DS ⊟
So that 3DS firmware update debuted last night, bringing with it Miiverse, Nintendo Network ID support (link up with your Wii U NNID, share an eShop wallet), and some camera and screenshot stuff. One item that I hadn’t seen previously announced is the update removes the limit on system transfers (previously limited to five transfers) — now you can move data from one 3DS to another once every seven days.
- Please keep in mind that you won’t be able to switch regions after registering your NNID or use multiple currencies. Funds you have stored for currencies in other regions will no longer be usable.
- In-game screenshot system sounds janky, forcing you to suspend your game, open Miiverse, and make a post (not allowing you save the image locally). Not every game is supported either, like Pokémon XY, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Virtual Console titles, and others. At least the actual image quality is apparently really good.
- As Daniel points out in the comments, “your 3DS cannot see your Wii U Friends List, so you have to manually ‘follow’ all your friends if you want to catch up on their Miiverse posts on the go.”
If A Link to the Past had the drawing feature ⊟
Considering all the ROM hacks people have made for A Link to the Past, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone eventually got around to throwing this A Link Between Worlds feature into the SNES game. Until then, we’ll have to settle for this fun GIF from Johan Vinet — definitely follow his Tumblr for lots of cute chiptunes and sprites (e.g. Strider, TMNT, and Streets of Rage)
BUY Zelda: A Link Between Worlds ($35), upcoming games, gift guide
Bravely Second shots, details ⊟
We have some direct screenshots, artwork, and details for Bravely Default's sequel thanks to the 3DS game's new Japanese site — hit that link for new music and a cute Edea animation too.
The game once again takes place in Luxendarc, years after the events in Bravely Default. This time players will visit “Magic University Town Istantarl.” The lass in the above image with the crazy boots (no idea how these work) is “Devil King Buster Magnolia Arch,” according to Gematsu:
"A mysterious woman who calls herself the “Devil Buster who came from the moon.” Her age is unknown, she appears in unexpected places at unexpected times, and she has a daredevil attitude. According to the Devil King who suddenly appeared, she is the last survivor of the moon nation.
She is a sociable eccentric. Delicate, but largehearted. Realistically, a romanticist. An elegant beauty with elusive characteristics, only one thing is certain, she has fierce fighting skills and rescued Tiz Oria.”
Why we gotta wait two months for the original Bravely Default tho…
PREORDER Bravely Default, upcoming games, our holiday gift guide
That Amazon deal is for both the 3DS and PS Vita games, which is nice. This Christmas K tree GIF is nice too — it’s from Luis.
Other sales going on right now:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (sidebar link) - $24.99
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - $34.96
- Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita) - $16.99
- Holiday Walking Dead Vita Bundle (with 3 PSN games) -
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS) - $29.99
- Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - $24.99
- $20 eShop cards at Best Buy - $16 ($50 cards are $40!)
A new shop opened in this New Leaf town ⊟
Wow, buying organic is really expensive. And you thought Tom Nook was the only guy you had to worry about ripping you off! S/o to Candace Crossing for the pics.
You know what’s not hella expensive right now? Animal Crossing: New Leaf! It’s back in stock with a big discount at Amazon, available for $24.99 — The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is still on sale too for $34.96.