64 posts tagged intelligent systems
Answers to your Fire Emblem & SMT IV promotion questions
We already announced this $30 eShop credit deal yesterday, but now we can provide hard details instead of speculation:
- You will need to buy both Fire Emblem: Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV to receive the $30 eShop credit
- This works with both digital and retail copies — just make sure to register your Club Nintendo codes (if you bought a limited edition Fire Emblem 3DS, link your system with Club Nintendo)
- It doesn’t matter if you already bought Fire Emblem: Awakening months ago; all you need to do is register both games and complete their registration surveys before August 31
- You can use the credit on any eShop product (3DS or Wii U) you want, but you’ll need to retrieve your special code from the Club Nintendo site before September 31, and redeem the code on the eShop before December 31
- You can get only one $30 credit per Club Nintendo account, and both game codes must be registered to the same account
- North America only
I know it’s tempting to pick up a recent full-game release like Project x Zone or whatevs with the credit, but please consider grabbing some of the small but quality eShop titles out there! I’m sure a few dozen sites will release guides on fun games to blow your credit on soon.
Hey, that Tharja figure turned out pretty nice!
This is the first time I’ve seen Max Factory’s figure for the Fire Emblem: Awakening character colored, and this looks great! The sculpting on the cape, in particular, appears masterfully done. Oh, what’s that? There are some more photos that Max Factory posted showing other less work-safe angles? Oh. OH. Nevermind.
Oh. My. God. This Chrom butt mousepad.
Happy belated birthday to Google Chrom, by the way. You’ll find lots of great tributes to the Fire Emblem: Awakening hero from yesterday around the internet, including the infamous artwork Frederick commissioned for the prince. This is all NSFW, of course.
I haven’t seen many (if any) discounts for this game since it released three months ago, so a $5-off sale seems like a big deal! I doubt there are many people who own a 3DS but don’t have this yet, though…
Fire Emblem: Awakening's latest DLC release Summer Scramble lets players see a selection of characters in their swimwear, but in the case of Tharja, Nintendo of America decided it didn’t want to show too much of the Dark Mage.
Meanwhile in Japan, Nintendo has no problems with allowing licensees to create these lewd Tharja figures. At least the company didn’t edit this out, which is what everyone really wanted from the Summer Scramble DLC:
Donnel, you overpowered idiot
Fire Emblem: Awakening is out in Europe this week! Celebrate with links:
- @AwakeningBot - tweets support, story, and battle dialogue from the game
- Cordelia tries to get preachy, but Sumia dgaf
- Perfect Sumia cosplay, minus the feet of course
- Gaius hilarity
- The amazebutts OST set - “Marth” spoilers
- Msilt posted the Donnel pics above
If you are in Europe, I suggest picking up Fire Emblem: Awakening. It is pretty decent if you are into Japanese video games and Japanimation.
Sketches of Fire Emblem: Awakening promo/packaging art
Two related things to read during your lunch break today:
- FE: Awakening character designer Yusuke Kozaki answered some questions on Reddit
- Localization team 8-4 conducted an Iwata Asks-style interview with several developers from Intelligent Systems
The latter item has a lot of great stuff, like the images we’ve shared above!
Fantastic Lucina pencils/watercolor art by Jenninaitsu
Is it okay to talk about/identify this character yet? Everyone’s already played the game, right? And it’s not like we all weren’t spoiled about her whole deal forever ago.
Anyway, this is a great companion piece to the last amazing Jenninaitsu piece we featured.
This frickin’ guy never quits
People are trying to just wind down after a long day of battles in Fire Emblem: Awakening, eating bear meat and maybe flirting with party members, but ol’ Creeper McCreepertime needs to step in and make everything awkward.
More fun sketches of cutscenes and support convos (some have spoilers) at this new Tumblr: Ramblings of a Tactician.
Upcoming Fire Emblem: Awakening DLC
This clip starts off reviewing the downloadable content that’s already released for Fire Emblem: Awakening, but it also covers upcoming map packs and their rewards (including new classes like the Dread Fighter and Bride).
That EXPonential Growth map would’ve helped a lot in my efforts last weekend to give my Fire Emblem children a better life. Kids these days (or during the days in some far off future) have it so easy.
Fire Emblem: Awakening V-day cards
Now that we’ve all calmed down from today’s Animal Crossing: New Leaf news (nope, not really, all lies), let’s enjoy these Valentine’s Day cards posted by Nintendo of America on its 3DS Facebook page. The Emmeryn card is my favorite, despite the missing comma breaking my heart.
Even though Fire Emblem: Awakening is the perfect game to play for the holiday (if you’ve no sweetheart and don’t mind the companionship of Old Hubba), please make some time to try out Fangamer’s new and free Windows/Mac release Sweet 33. It’s a Mother/Earthbound-inspired love sim, and it’s amazing!
Fire Emblem: Awakening's most pitiful character
I rarely call up Kellam from my bench (forgot he was even available, to be honest), but the knight has some super morose lines when you do select him for anything.
It’s hilarious that the jokes about Kellam always going unnoticed carried over to the game’s packaging and promotional art — he’s the only character with his face covered in the crowd. Maybe the artist didn’t even know he was back there?